The PDC October Membership Meeting
Wednesday, October 21, 7:30pm
Providence Community Center
(Classroom 1- upstairs)
3001 Vaden Drive, Fairfax
7:30 – 8:00 pm – PDC Business Meeting
8:00 pm Presentation
Learn How to Cope with an Emergency
What do you do if, during a major disaster, you call 9-1-1 and no one responds?
The Fairfax County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program prepares regular citizens to safely help themselves, their families, and their communities during major emergencies where first responders are delayed.
Joe Loong, a Fairfax County CERT member since 2010, currently serves on the Outreach team as volunteer social media specialist. In his professional life, he is a digital strategist, helping organizations engage audiences using social media and online content and community tools. He graduated from Duke University with a B.A. in Political Science and History.
* To be notified for upcoming CERT training classes, you can register for the “Interested in CERT” opportunity on the Fairfax County volunteer management system. You must register for a free account — full instructions and more info about CERT training are at
* For any additional questions about the CERT program, contact Jeffrey Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org
* To learn more about getting CERT training for your community organization, you can also contact James Sobecke at email@example.com. You need
– 12 people to commit to the training, and
– to provide a meeting place like a clubhouse or community room.
* To see more about the CERT program, visit http://www.fairfaxcountycert.org, or Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FairfaxCountyCERT.